Generally, metal denture bases are preferred for partial dentures. The advantages of CrCo RPD vs acrylic partial dentures are:
- Mental denture is stronger than plastic denture.
- Retention of denture is better and will not become loose.
- Less bulky and more comfortable in mouth.
- Less plaque accumulation on metal than on acrylic therefore less fungi or bacteria accumulation and less infection of gums.
- Longer lasting than acrylic dentures.
- In maxilla, no coverage of rugae or palate (impact on taste and temperature).